Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with high-quality dental care. We understand you may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. It is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while we provide the best possible care. If a patient is under 18 years of age, his parent, not a sibling, must be in the building for the entire appointment. There are no exceptions.
Your first visit is all about you: your dental needs, your dental desires, and your overall health
During your first visit, Dr. Battles will review your medical history form. He will discuss with you the purpose for your visit. After understanding your needs, he will prescribe appropriate X-rays and take photographs of your smile and teeth.
When that information is ready, Dr. Battles and his hygienist or an assistant will perform a comprehensive exam. Your first visit may take up to two hours. Frequently, hygiene procedures will begin on the second visit.
Before your first appointment
- Complete the Online History Form. We do not have paper forms.
- Make sure we have complete dental insurance information, including the policy holder’s information if different from the patient.
- A list of all medications and supplements
- The name of your physician and pharmacy
- It is your responsibility to request and make sure we receive prior dental X-rays before your appointment. Request that they be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no guarantee they will be adequate for proper evaluation and diagnosis.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends a visit to your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand you have a busy schedule; therefore, when you’re preparing to visit our office, please remember your appointments can last between 45 and 120 minutes.